When it comes to choosing an outfit for CrossFit class, it’s important to prioritize comfort and functionality. You want to feel like you can freely move without any restrictions. Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Tops: Opt for moisture-wicking tops that allow for a wide range of motion. Look for breathable materials like polyester or athletic blends. Tank tops, t-shirts, or fitted long-sleeve shirts are popular choices. It’s important to remember your ride home and that you may want to pack an extra dry shirt to make the trip home more comfortable.
- Bottoms: Choose bottoms that provide flexibility and durability. Shorts or leggings made from stretchy and moisture-wicking fabrics are ideal. Make sure they allow you to squat, lunge, and move freely without restrictions.
- Shoes: Invest in a pair of CrossFit-specific shoes, as they are designed to provide stability and support during various movements. Look for footwear with flat soles, good traction, and a snug fit. Avoid running shoes, as they can hinder some exercises. Some CrossFit specific shoes to check out are the Reebok Nano, Nike Metcon, and the TYR XT1- Trainer.
- Socks: Opt for athletic socks that offer cushioning and breathability. Look for moisture-wicking materials to help keep your feet dry during workouts.
- Accessories: Avoid bulky jewelry that may get in the way or become uncomfortable during movements. Consider wearing a sweatband to keep sweat out of your eyes, and bring a water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the class.
It’s hard to go wrong with gym attire when you feel confident in what you are wearing.